Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Muted



Every single moment I hold my breath

I deny a part of my soul

Infinity inside my mortality

Begging to express until there’s nothing left

A realization made whole

And given in totality


Yet my words are restrained

Bound, aching, and doggedly alive

Needing their scribe to speak

Pulling against reluctant chains

They exist to thrive

But I’ve made them weak


Snuffed by a pompous reality

Syllables replaced by an eternal poignant pause

The roar of raging waters dammed

Stalemated in polarity    

As my mind and spirit are at a loss

Burning in a fire damned 


Though from that pyre there will be ash

And before I return to dust and star stuff

My immortal words will be reborn

Their voice mine at last

When I am sure enough

Transcendence is never forlorn

Well, that was my attempt at writing poetry, internet!
All in all, this is definitely something I'll give another go later.


Thanks for reading!

Take care!


Larysia

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Larysia, thank you for sharing such a wonderful piece. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Branden! I'm glad you enjoyed!
    Take care, good sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! There's a great poetic quality to your prose, but it's great to see you try your hand at pure verse! Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy to hear I transition well! Haha!

      Take care!

      Delete