Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Oppression


Entangled in a ghost
Becoming a demon
Knowing I'm not even a memory
Pain negating reason

I stay in bed
And lament
Restrained by an iron embrace
That longs to torment

It keeps me smothered
Eyes a pitch abyss
Light up when I cry
Cradling me in a fantasy I miss

When I find the strength
I crawl away
Get dressed & look in the mirror
Its reflection taking mine for another day

Hideous
Aware It's a mask
Becoming me
Emancipation an impossible task

More than skin deep
Within, It roams
Filling every inch
Making me Its home

It watches me eat
Taking my appetite
Devouring me with Its hunger
My misery Its delight

I diminish
As I give It power
Wondering as the seconds spill
If this will be my final hour

I don't need a priest
Much less an exorcist
Just release
A mass exodus

Still, I pray
For the resolve
To take action
Before I dissolve

As the state of oppression
From this depression
Turns into full possession
At my soul's regression

Artwork by Luis Royo

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Brava! Well done again, Larysia. And using Royos artwork is an even bigger bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eric! Happy you enjoyed. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! Brava! Well done again, Larysia. And using Royos artwork is an even bigger bonus!

    ReplyDelete