Entangled
in a ghost
Becoming
a demon
Knowing
I'm not even a memory
Pain
negating reason
I
stay in bed
And
lament
Restrained
by an iron embrace
That
longs to torment
It
keeps me smothered
Eyes
a pitch abyss
Light
up when I cry
Cradling
me in a fantasy I miss
When
I find the strength
I
crawl away
Get
dressed & look in the mirror
Its
reflection taking mine for another day
Hideous
Aware
It's a mask
Becoming
me
Emancipation
an impossible task
More
than skin deep
Within,
It roams
Filling
every inch
Making
me Its home
It
watches me eat
Taking
my appetite
Devouring
me with Its hunger
My
misery Its delight
I
diminish
As
I give It power
Wondering
as the seconds spill
If
this will be my final hour
I
don't need a priest
Much
less an exorcist
Just
release
A
mass exodus
Still,
I pray
For
the resolve
To
take action
Before
I dissolve
As
the state of oppression
From
this depression
Turns
into full possession
At
my soul's regression
Artwork by Luis Royo

Wow!!! Brava! Well done again, Larysia. And using Royos artwork is an even bigger bonus!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Eric! Happy you enjoyed. :)
DeleteWow!!! Brava! Well done again, Larysia. And using Royos artwork is an even bigger bonus!
ReplyDelete